Have you ever wondered what level of “being ready” is truly required to be successful?
You study for tests, you prepare for the presentation, you’ve done all the work… but are you still ready? In many cases, you only get one shot to get it right so getting the readiness wrong, can change everything. The Toaster will help you get the readiness right.
- Your students will engage in a fast-paced exercise to help increase their alertness.
- Students will be challenged to explore varying levels of readiness
- Students will walk away with a new heightened sense of awareness about their daily readiness.
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Listen closely as you go through the exercise for any student who wants another shot or wishes they could run it back. If you don’t hear it, you can prompt this lesson by asking “Who wishes they could run it back one more time?”
Everyone will say yes.
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Powerpoint slides ready for you to use
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What does it take to be “fully” ready?
- Leaders are so ready the first time, they don’t _______________.
- How can you develop the skill of “quick-thinking?”
Take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your students.