Thank the Passer is a habit-building exercise that’ll improve your team’s Followership.
- Players will understand what a “pass” is
- Players will become aware of the “Moment of Truth” and will learn how powerful those moments are to determine their teammates’ future leadership
- Players will begin to incorporate “thanking the passer” into their vocabulary and daily behavior
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Player Growth Areas
Someone who passes leadership from one person to another, or to a group
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What is a pass?
- What are we thanking the passer for?
- What is the “moment of truth?”
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: Why is it important to “Thank The Passer?”
- Reflection: How would you feel if you offered someone a “leadership pass” and were ignored?
- Action: Share the ways you will intentionally put courage into your teammates throughout the rest of the season.
Coach, take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your players.