Read Receipts is our listening teaching concept to help assure all those on the team understand the expectations to listen at a high level and enhance our communication.
- Your players will learn a listening concept that lays out clear expectations on how to listen at a high level
- They’ll understand the three tenets to deliver a proper Read Receipt
- The players will establish momentum and set accountability for how they need to listen throughout the season
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Player Growth Areas
The act of engaging, acknowledging, and responding to the sender of communication to assure them that their communication has been delivered and received
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What are the two sides of the communication spectrum?
- To deliver a proper Read Receipt you must do what 3 things?
- When Read Receipts are delivered you move the sender to a place of ________ knowing their message what _________.
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: Why is it important to provide a Read Receipt?
- Reflection: How do you feel when you give a message that is ignored?
- Action: Discuss what you can intentionally do to provide a Read Receipt.
Coach, take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your players.