Read Receipts is our listening teaching concept that’ll help students understand the importance of listening at a high level to enhance our communication. Your students will learn:
- A listening concept that lays out clear expectations on how to listen at a high level
- The three components of delivering a proper Read Receipt
- To establish a new standard for how everyone should listen to others
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Powerpoint slides ready for you to use
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What are the two sides of the communication spectrum?
- To deliver a proper Read Receipt you must do what 3 things?
- When Read Receipts are delivered you move the sender to a place of knowing their message was _________.
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: Why is it important to provide a Read Receipt?
- Reflection: How do you feel when you give a message that is ignored?
- Action: Discuss what you can intentionally do to provide a Read Receipt
Take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your students.