What do you do when you’re your gas light is on but you’re only a few miles away from where you’re going? You find the fuel your car needs and fill it up.
You don’t take trash, blend it up and funnel it into the gas tank. You don’t dump Gatorade or the soda sitting in your cup holder into the gas tank.
Of course not.
We would never put junk in our car and expect it to run correctly, right?
We have to approach ourselves with the same logic; we can’t fill ourselves with junk and expect to perform at our best.
“A man is but a product of his thoughts, what he thinks, he becomes.”
Our minds are the most powerful part of our body, but it’s often the most overlooked. In order to reach our peak level of performance, we must learn to control our minds. What we read, watch, and listen to matters.
Are you intentional about what you put into your mind?
If you want to have the best season of your life, you must first start with your mind. In order to change your level of success, you have to change your mind. You don’t attract what you want, you attract what you do and what you believe.
Here’s a real life equation to live by:
Your thoughts + feelings + actions = Your life & results
It all starts with what you think about. What we think about, we become.
Five Steps to Shape Your Mind Into a Positive Force
With that in mind, here are five steps you can take to shape your mind into a positive force allowing you to reach new levels of success:
- Establish your vision. Establishing a clear vision is paramount for achieving success. If we don’t have one for our life, we allow others to create one for us. We all have things we want to do, but things don’t change until we believe it’s possible.
- Renew your mind. This is an every day must. The best athletes and entertainers in the world live by this motto. Your parents and coaches know it to be true, and they fight the same battle every day. It’s essential to feed your mind positive, uplifting, motivational, and inspiring messages every day. Utilize YouTube and create a playlist of videos to watch every day to keep your mind focused. Don’t conform to the rest of the world, but realize the power of renewing your mind daily.
- Plug in. Who are your role models? Who or what do you aspire to be? Plug into those you want to be like. Use them as resources. No one ever achieved success alone. Someone, somewhere helped them along the way. The best way to speed up the process of achieving success is finding and utilizing mentors. And the great thing about the world we live in is we don’t have to go far to find them. How many TV shows do you watch? What do you listen to on your drive into school and on the way home?
- Love it all. Love is the great separator. Love is what allows the best to be the best. Love it all. Love your teammates, your coaches, mentors, your opponent’s, the wins, the losses; love it all. You don’t achieve big things by accident; you achieve them by falling in love with and trusting the process.
- Work. There is no substitute for hard work. The very best in the world such as Michael Phelps, LeBron James, Usain Bolt, and the Williams’ sisters embody this. They put in a tremendous of work when the cameras are not around. No goal will be realized unless you’re willing to work.
Players, we hope this blog has provided you with a message which helps you reach new levels of success. If you don’t already, be sure to give us a follow on our social pages for great content.
P.S. Individual success is a result of team success. If your team doesn’t already utilize our library of exercises, tell your coach you need them today. Our program will provide fun and engaging exercises which will develop you and your players into the leaders needed to win.
Have your coach visit leademup.com to get started today!
Have fun and #LeadEmUp