Green Standards is an essential part of building the Green Team as your team will define and communicate the standards of the Green traits so everyone is on the same page. The Green Standards will serve as the reference point for all the Green Awards (Verifications & MVG).
- Players will participate and help establish the Green Standards they want to see the team demonstrate
- Players will be provided a reminder Green Standards Team Card to help reinforce the selected standards all season long
- The Players will use the Green Standards as the grading tool for the Green Verifications and MVG awards throughout the season
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Player Growth Areas
Help your team clearly define and communicate the standards of the Green (Money) traits so everyone is on the same page and to help each other effectively hold the standard
Use the photos below as examples of Green Standards
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- Green Standards help us avoid _______?
- Green Standards need to be clearly _______ by all team members.
- In order to be Green and build Green, we must first ________?
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: What are your team’s Green Standards this season?
- Reflection: What does each Green Standard mean to you?
- Action: Share how you plan on living out each Green Standard at a high level.
Coach, take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your players.