Mastering the details is a critical component of being successful as an athlete. In order for you to become a detail-oriented athlete, you must first become a detail-oriented person. The Detail Grab Bag will build the momentum for your athletes to become more detail-oriented people.
- Your players will engage in a series of detail exercises to increase their attention to detail
- The exercises will take place over a 7-day period allowing for the theme of details to carry all week long
- The players will experience the detail exercises as a team to help build a fun, team-wide exercise throughout the 7-days
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- It is very difficult to become a detailed-oriented player if you’re not ___________
- What’s the result of not caring about the details?
- What is the ultimate separator?
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: What does “Detail Grab Bag” teach us about what happens when people don’t pay attention to details?
- Reflection: How would becoming more detail-oriented benefit you as an athlete?
- Action: What’s one thing from the Detail Grab Bag exercise that you will give extra detail to this week? How so?
Coach, take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your players.