If you’ve ever been stuck inside all day and finally go outside to feel the sun, there’s almost no better feeling. There’s a famous quote that reads “be the type of person that feels like sunshine for others” (anonymous source). In the Vitamin D exercise, we’re going to help students feel like sunshine to others.
- Students will understand the need to “make every room they enter better”
- Students will work on their self-awareness and self-management to show up in a more special way each day
- Students will engage in a fun week-long exercise that’ll challenge them to improve on one specific habit in their lives
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Powerpoint slides ready for you to use
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- Leaders make every room they enter ____________.
- Before you enter a room, what should you do?
- What happens when a team is filled with people who drain others?
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: What does Vitamin D teach us about the energy we need to bring to the team environment?
- Reflection: Who does a great job of consistently bringing high energy? What do they do?
- Action: Share what you plan on doing to bring energy and enthusiasm on a daily basis.
Take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your students.