The Soundtrack exercise will bring music, which is a universal part of our lives, front and center as we examine the role it plays in the direction and health of our mindset.
- Students will engage in a self-awareness practice connecting music to their character
- Students will begin to understand how music shapes and influences who we are and what we think
- Students will develop a heightened awareness of being selective as they choose the music they engage with moving forward
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Powerpoint slides ready for you to use
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What does our Soundtrack reflect about our lives?
- How does the music we listen to reflect our character?
- Why should we be intentional about the music we listen to?
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: What do our Soundtracks reflect about us?
- Reflection: How do you feel about your current Soundtrack? Would you like it to be better or are you happy with where it’s at?
- Action: Discuss what kind of music you can listen to more frequently that would align with the person you want to become as an adult
Take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your students.