The Followership theme is a dynamic and unique approach to leadership. The theme will go from something most students aren’t familiar with, to being something students need to operate at the highest levels.
- Students will be introduced to the Followership concept and how through Rotational Leadership, it applies to everyone
- Students will understand the three Followership performance levels and the level they should look to perform at
- Students will learn they have the ability to lead in all circumstances and in all moments even when they aren’t “the” leader at the moment
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
Powerpoint slides ready for you to use
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What is the definition for the term Followership?
- Red’s are ___________ to lead.
- Green’s are _________ to lead.
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: Why is Followership important to a team’s success?
- Reflection: Where would you rate yourself on the Followership scale: Green, Gray, Red?
- Action: Share one thing you will do each day this week to be a Green follower
Take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your students.
- How the person demonstrated followership in their journey to success
- The specific ways in which being a good follower contributed to their growth or accomplishments
- Any challenges they faced along the way and how they overcame them through green followership