This exercise will reinforce:
- The need to keep showing up day after day to get us on the Same Page
- That getting us on the Same Page most likely won’t happen overnight but will happen if we keep working at it
- The importance of having the mindset that “I can help get us on the Same Page.”
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
See Same Page in action below to get a better understanding of how to teach the the Exercise.
Use the photos below as examples of Same Page
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What Green Team rule does Same Page tie back to?
- When you step into the middle of the circle, what mindset do you need to have?
- Getting on the Same Page requires us to show up __________.
Coaches, use the below question, reflection, and action to engage parents, guardians, and other family members in the lessons learned in this exercise.
Suggestions on how to use: Email to parents the day you have taught this lesson, add it to the materials you send home, or text it to text message threads with your players.
- Question: What Green Team Rule does Same Page tie back to?
- Reflection: What happens when an individual puts their agenda before the team’s?
- Action: Discuss how you can “step to the middle” and work to keep your team on the Same Page throughout the season.
Coach, take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your players.