As we teach followership and the importance of being enjoyable to lead, it’s essential students show discernment on who and what they follow. The Detective exercise will give the students an opportunity to lean in and work to follow the right leaders.
- Students will understand the importance of looking for the right leaders and messages to follow
- Students will have to decipher between good and bad leadership
- Students will learn how eliminating negative influences can amplify the positive influences around them
To view this content you need to have a Coaches Membership.
If you are already a Coaches Member, please log in to view this Exercise.
See Detective in action below to get a better understanding of how to teach the the Exercise.
Exercise Reminder Card
To emphasize and reinforce the lessons learned in this exercise with your players, download and share this graphic with them 24 hours after completing the exercise.
Powerpoint slides ready for you to use
Use these questions below to engage after you have taught the exercise.
- What is the main goal of the role of the detective?
- What does it mean to decipher a message?
- What does it mean to discern a message?
Take a moment to reflect on the lesson and how you can lead by example to your students.